If you’re thinking renovations or building a new cottage and want to see the latest in appliances, countertops, flooring, furniture and more, check out IDS 2017. It is Canada’s premier showcase of new products and furniture, superstar designers and avant-garde concepts from North America and internationally. It takes place January 19 to 22 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and this year some of the highlights include:
- Speakers: Some of this year’s roster of speakers includes: Sir David Adjaye, Nika Zupanc, Jaime Hayon, Amanda Nisbet, Nicky Haslam, Martyn Lawrence Bullard, Heather Dubbeldam, Megan Torza, Tommy Smythe and Darcie Watson
- The FACTORY, by Toronto’s PARTISANS, is inspired by Andy Warhol’s studio and equal parts fabrication warehouse, artist studio and lounge party.
- Studio North, an always-favourite curated collection of emerging practitioners on the Canadian design scene
- Maker will feature a selection of designers who are manufacturing in small to medium numbers and have limited distribution, but ultimately remain at the helm of the creative process
- designboom mart, a pop-up shop and designboom’s only Canadian location for buying jewellery, accessories, textiles and furniture from their sources
- Open Air will feature landscape designers and architects who find innovative and elegant ways to extend the living space outward – not to mention harvest rainwater, cultivate native plant life and more. Visitors will explore the world of outdoor design through the products and concepts that make the backyard beautiful.
You can buy your tickets online or at the door: http://www.interiordesignshow.com/